Need something quick and simple, that doesn’t take up oven space for a holiday or family gathering? You can’t go wrong with a Strawberry Banana Trifle. You don’t even need any cooking or baking skills.
You can clean and prep the strawberries and whip up the pudding a day in advance and literally toss everything in the bowl in less than 10 minutes, so you can enjoy your company.
The trifle has quit the history, it’s been around for centuries although it’s undergone many transformations in names and ingredients it remains the charming and humble not too fussy in presentation dessert, and always satisfies that desire for fresh, creamy and sweet.
That’s why it’s my go to when you’ve got a million other things to do, you don’t have to worry about a trifle letting you down because you pretty much can’t mess it up. I mean this is something the kids can toss together if you’ve got everything ready to go.
An amazing invention we recently found for serving is this Libbey Selene 6-in-1 Multipurpose Server, Punch Bowl, Chip and Dip Bowl, Cake Stand
I’ve used it for serving this Chocolate Covered Cherry Bundt Cake and these Crispy Baked Wings. Looks like a normal cake stand, but it’s not just that. All you do is just flip the dome and the base upside down, and you have a nice big bowl.
Perfect for trifles, salads, and you can even use it as a punch bowl. You could also put the dome away, and use the base as a veggie tray. It’s great for saving space and it is nice heavy glass. I think whoever invented that is a genius, we love it!
If you LOVE this Strawberry Banana Trifle recipe, try this Red White and Blue Berry TrifleDon’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 1 large package (5.1 oz) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cup cold milk
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake, cut in cubes
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (cut in quarters, reserve a couple for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or more if you like sweeter)
- 1 container (12 oz) whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the pudding mix with the milk and whisk for two minutes; set aside in fridge to chill.
- Clean and cut strawberries into bite size pieces, add 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well; set aside in fridge to chill.
- Cut Angel food cake into 1" squares
- In a trifle bowl or other large serving dish, layer cake, strawberries, pudding, bananas, and start over with cake more strawberries, some bananas in the center and top with whip cream and strawberry garnish.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 16gProtein 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.