This Garlic Herb Pork Roast and Creamy White Wine Gravy turned a normal blah day into something special, we weren’t even expecting it be that good!
Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? We planned on having a delicious pork loin dinner and boy did we! This Garlic Herb Pork Roast and Creamy White Wine Gravy turned a normal blah day into something special, we weren’t even expecting it be that good.
As if the garlic and herbs plus those sweet onions weren’t good on their own with this roast, the creamy white wine sauce sent it over the top. Like high dollar restaurant standards, that we’d probably never order if it was offered on a menu, because the price would be through the roof. But it’s not even that hard to make at home and so worth it.
The flavors all come together to be outstanding, worthy of serving royalty I’d say. If you happen to know any and need to feed them, this would be the perfect thing. Maybe you need a special dinner for the in-laws, well hopefully they eat pork because, this would be pretty impressive.
Herbs bring so much flavor to the party, but did you know herbs also bring their own health benefit? Such a little sprinkle is actually pretty good for you!
So many people grow up not really knowing what they like. Maybe they just know what they don’t like? I guess each family is different. I’ve seen so many people in Facebook groups ask the question, “what are some good herbs to start using?”. One of my favorites is Italian seasoning, so that’s what I’ve used here. Maybe your family prefers a French blend, that would be ‘Herbs de Provence’. Or even a Greek blend. It’s just quicker to know what you like and grab one that’s already blended. I like to get our Italian seasoning at the farmer’s market. It’s so fresh, and usually not as fine ground, so you can see the rosemary and oregano.
I just don’t have enough light coming in my windows to keep all my herbs growing through the winter as I’d like to. Drying your own works too, but you still need space to put everything, so sometimes it’s just not practical when your busy with kids, scouts or sports, or working and running a household.
There’s so much to do, but don’t cheat yourself either. Sometimes a special home cooked dinner is all a family needs to come back together and talk about their day to feel everyone is cared for and loved. So maybe it’s not just for royalty or in-laws maybe just a nice get together on any old Sunday dinner that will be remembered years from now when stuff like life and adulting get in the way of happiness.
What can you serve with this Garlic Herb Pork Roast and Creamy White Wine Gravy?
- When ready to prepare, the pork can be set out to be near room temperature, not cold straight from the fridge, so remove it about 30 minutes or so, still covered, and set in a cool place.
- Make sure to rest your meat before slicing. Resting your meat will allow the pork loin to cool a bit, retaining the juices, and providing a more tender and flavorful dish.
- The National Pork Board recommends cooking Pork to 145 degrees Fahrenheit
- What is the best way to thaw frozen pork? The best way to defrost pork is in the refrigerator in its wrapping. Follow these guidelines for defrosting pork in the refrigerator:
- Small roast will take 3-5 hours per pound
- Large roast will take 4-7 hours per pound
- Can pork be refrozen if it has thawed? According to the USDA, once the food is thawed in the refrigerator, it is safe to refreeze it without cooking, although there may be a loss of quality due to the moisture lost through defrosting. After cooking raw foods which were previously frozen, it is safe to freeze the cooked food.
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
This recipe was inspired by: Eatwell101
© 2019 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.