Roast Pork and Garlic Sauce is one of those weeknight dinners that’s quick, easy, and can use up leftover pork roast which is very budget friendly as well.
This is our favorite Roast Pork and Garlic Sauce! This is it and it’s so good. If you’ve never had it, you’ll want to add it as a regular I know I do.
Not all Chinese restaurants are created equal. We had a favorite in our neighborhood for years. Then they up and moved, or left, I don’t really know what happened. All of the other Chinese places around here are no comparison to our favorite. When you get used to having a go to favorite and they’re just gone. You start craving that one thing you can’t have anymore.
So we started experimenting different recipes to see if we could come up with what was missing in our life. Our favorite Roast Pork and Garlic Sauce! This is it and it’s so good. If you’ve never had it, you’ll want to add it as a regular I know I do. It’s one of those weeknight dinners that’s quick, easy, and can use up leftover pork roast which is very budget friendly as well.
I love when those big picnic roasts go on sale, we’ll get an easy three or four meals out of a nice 10 lb roast. Here’s the recipe we used for the Pork Picnic Roast, but if you have a pork tenderloin or some boneless pork chops that would work good too.
Now I have to say that if my green onions look freakishly large it’s because they are. I planted these from a few whites of a normal green onion in the spring, and these things just kept growing and growing. I had to take a picture to show how huge this one green onion got. I didn’t measure it, but I’m pretty sure it’s getting close to three feet tall!
What can you serve with this Roast Pork and Garlic Sauce Using Leftover Pork Roast?
- Since this is a dish found on virtually every Chinese food restaurant, white rice is a must.
- The Asian section in most grocery stores have a wide variety of noodles that you can serve with this. Our favorite, lo mein.
- The freezer department is a treasure trove of things that would go great with this Roast Pork and Garlic Sauce Using Leftover Pork Roast; egg rolls, fried rice, and dumplings to name just a few.
- It may seem odd to marinate the meat, as it has already been cooked. But this extra step helps to impart a bit more flavor into the final dish.
- Water chestnuts and baby corn both make good stir ins with this dish. Just drain each can and add them in at the end of step 3.
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
© 2018 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.