Marinated sweet and tangy Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs infused with awesome tropical flavors. These make for a wonderfully delicious summer dining experience.
You don’t need a luau to enjoy these Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs but they would for sure be a hit if your up for throwing a party! Only a quick twenty minute marinade of a few simple ingredients, you probably already have on hand, doubles as a great basting sauce to keep everything juicy and tasty. You won’t believe how quick this comes together, toss them on the grill for few minutes and your done!
We didn’t even start the grill till it was almost dark outside. It’s still pretty nice in the evenings around here, so far the humidity hasn’t really shown up, neither have the mosquitoes, so our grill is getting a workout these days.
We did these amazing Smoky Ranchero Ribs the other day that practically melted in your mouth.
But we needed something lighter and healthier to balance out our week and I was thinking about how good our Sweet Hawaiian Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken was, so I thought why not apply that yummy sauce to some nice Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs.
I absolutely love grilled pineapple and with the extra veggies, like bell peppers and onions, all we needed was some rice for a complete balanced meal. Now if you are wanting to go the luau route, this Pina Colada Whip recipe would be a good way to get the party started!
Those metal skewers were bought back in the early 2000’s and I’ve used them countless times, thinking about it, they are really worth buying because your not throwing away wooden skewers every time, and they don’t need to be soaked before using them on the grill plus there always on hand if you decide last minute that you are craving kabobs!
What can you serve with this Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs?
- Now if you are wanting to go the luau route, this Pina Colada Whip recipe would be a good way to get the party started!
- Plain white rice is a good side, as it can sop up any of the sauce that happens to drip off of your kabobs.
- Metal skewers are really worth buying because your not throwing away wooden skewers every time. Metal skewers also don’t need to be soaked before using them on the grill!
- As far as using utensils to turn them, we found it’s way easier have a good pair of metal tongs and just have some heavy duty pot holders on hand because the metal gets way too hot to touch.
If you LOVE this Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs recipe, try these Smoky Ranchero Ribs ,always a BBQ favorite, OR this Sweet Hawaiian Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken, if you are wanting another taste of the islands!Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 2 lbs of 16/20 shrimp, raw
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, diced into 1 inch pieces
Marinade & Basting sauce - divided (1/4 cup for marinade the rest for basting)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together. Combine 1/4 cup of marinade and the shrimp in a large freezer bag. Place bag in the fridge for 20 minutes. The rest of the marinade will be used for basting.
- Chop all the vegetables and thread bell peppers, shrimp, onions and pineapple on skewers. Ours made 8 full skewers.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high to high heat. Place skewers on grill about 5 minutes on each side. Rotating every couple minutes. Brushing every side with marinade/basting sauce.
- Move to opposite side of grill (over indirect heat) and brush remaining sauce on and allow to grill about 5 minutes longer with the cover closed.
If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water before placing ingredients onto skewers.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Skewers Serving Size 1 Skewer
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 1mgSodium 532mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 2g
© 2021 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.