A mouth-watering dish that is sure to satisfy any craving, these Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers are loaded with bold flavors.
This delicious recipe combines tender chicken marinated in tangy and aromatic flavors, skewered, and grilled to perfection, then served with a tangy dipping sauce.
The first step in making these scrumptious skewers is to marinate the chicken in a mixture of lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, and other spices. This marinade infuses the chicken with a refreshing, zesty flavor and ensures that it stays moist and juicy on the grill. Once the chicken has marinated for a few hours, it’s time to thread it onto skewers and get grilling.
The high heat of the grill gives the chicken a crispy, caramelized exterior while keeping the inside moist and tender. The aroma of the grilled chicken mixed with the fragrant Vietnamese spices is truly irresistible. And when the chicken is paired with a tangy dipping sauce, it becomes a flavor explosion in your mouth.
To make the dipping sauce, simply mix together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar. The result is a rich and savory sauce that perfectly complements the grilled chicken. The slightly sweet flavor of the tangy sauce complements the citrusy flavors of the chicken, making for a truly unforgettable meal.
In addition to being incredibly delicious, these skewers are also incredibly versatile. They make a perfect appetizer for a party or a fun dinner for the family. You can also easily customize this recipe by swapping out the chicken for shrimp or tofu, or adjusting the spice level to your liking.
In conclusion, Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers with the Tangy Dipping Sauce is a delectable dish that is sure to impress anyone who tries it. The combination of tangy, aromatic flavors of the Lemongrass Chicken and the Tangy Dipping Sauce is truly irresistible. So fire up your grill and get ready for a meal that’s sure to delight your taste buds.
What can you serve with these Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers?
- Rice: Serve the skewers with a side of steamed rice or fried rice. The rice will help balance the flavors and provide a filling base for the meal.
- Salad: A fresh and crisp salad makes a great accompaniment to the skewers. Try a Vietnamese-style salad with shredded cabbage, carrots, and herbs dressed in a tangy vinaigrette.
- Grilled Vegetables: Grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and onions make a great side dish to the chicken skewers. Toss the vegetables with a little oil and grill them alongside the chicken.
- Noodle Salad: A refreshing noodle salad with vermicelli noodles, herbs, and vegetables is a great pairing with the skewers. Dress the salad in a tangy dressing made with lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar.
- Spring Rolls: Vietnamese-style spring rolls filled with fresh herbs, vegetables, and noodles make a light and refreshing side dish. Serve them with a dipping sauce for extra flavor.
- Coconut Rice: A fragrant and flavorful coconut rice is a great pairing with the lemongrass chicken skewers. Cook the rice with coconut milk and a few aromatics for extra flavor.
- Stir-Fried Vegetables: A quick stir-fry of vegetables like broccoli, snap peas, and mushrooms is a great side dish for the skewers. Serve the vegetables hot with a little soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mango Salad: A sweet and tangy mango salad with red onion, cilantro, and lime juice is a great accompaniment to the savory chicken skewers.
Here are some tips for grilled lemongrass chicken skewers:
- It’s important to marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. You can marinate the chicken overnight for even better results.
- Fresh lemongrass stalks can be found at many Asian / international markets.
- If you can not find fresh lemongrass stalks, feel free to use metal or wood skewers. You can add a small amount of lemongrass paste or powder (both are usually found in many Asian / international markets) to your marinade.
- Soaking the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prevents them from burning on the grill. You can also use metal skewers if you prefer.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to handle them carefully to avoid splinters or sharp edges.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat to ensure even cooking and a nice char on the outside of the chicken.
- Make sure to leave a little bit of space between each piece of chicken on the skewers for even cooking.
- Keep an eye on the chicken as it cooks to prevent it from drying out or burning. You can also baste the chicken with the leftover marinade for extra flavor.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat. This will result in more tender and juicy chicken.
- Garnish the skewers with chopped cilantro or sliced green onions for freshness and flavor.
- Serve the skewers with a dipping sauce for extra flavor. The Vietnamese dipping sauce made with fish sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar is a classic accompaniment to lemongrass chicken skewers.
Enjoy the delicious and fragrant flavors of grilled lemongrass chicken skewers, a popular dish in Vietnamese cuisine!
Here are some safety and storage ideas for Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers:
- When handling raw chicken, make sure to wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with the chicken to prevent cross-contamination.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat.
- If using wooden skewers, make sure they are soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent them from catching fire on the grill.
- Use long-handled tongs or a spatula to turn the skewers on the grill to avoid burning yourself.
- If you have leftover chicken skewers, let them cool to room temperature before storing them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to 3-4 days.
- Do not leave the chicken skewers at room temperature for more than 2 hours as this can promote bacterial growth.
- Reheat the leftover chicken skewers in the oven or microwave until heated through before consuming.
- Do not freeze the chicken skewers as this can affect the texture of the meat and cause it to become dry.
- When grilling outside, always make sure to follow proper safety precautions to prevent fires or accidents.
If you LOVE this Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers recipe, try this Hawaiian Shrimp Kabobs OR this Brazilian Beef Kabobs with Pineapple and Peppers!Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
Loaded with bold flavors, these Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers are a mouth-watering dish that is sure to satisfy any craving. If you are not using fresh lemongrass stalks, you can use bamboo skewers. Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to threading chicken onto them. Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Serving Size 1 skewer
Amount Per Serving Calories 750Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 276mgSodium 2356mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 90g
Loaded with bold flavors, these Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers are a mouth-watering dish that is sure to satisfy any craving.
If you are not using fresh lemongrass stalks, you can use bamboo skewers. Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to threading chicken onto them.
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
© 2023 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.