A game changer for the cauliflower hater in the family. This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is low on carbs, and high on flavor.
I have to say this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole is going to be on my holiday table because it’s worthy of being shared with all your loved ones.
There’s always room for a new side dish on the table, and this one is so good that it will stand the test of time as a keeper. It dresses up the the pot luck buffet with all the flavor and color you can ask for in a side dish. It’s defiantly not the same ole mushy thing that everyone walks right by.
It might even be a game changer for the cauliflower hater in the family. Plus it’s low on carbs, and high on flavor.
But this is not just a pretty dish. The cauliflower is tossed in a creamy ranch sauce, covered with melted cheese, and topped with crispy bacon.
I’ve made it twice just in the last couple weeks, it’s so good, and I don’t normally repeat a recipe that often. I’m always on the lookout for something different to try, but I have to say this one is going to be on my holiday table because it’s worthy of being shared with all your loved ones.
Another favorite side dish with lots of flavor and color is this Southwest Corn Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. It’s more for when the weather warms up, but another show stopper for a pot luck.
I’m even thinking of turning this into a main dish by adding some shredded rotisserie chicken. That actually sounds pretty good, we’ll see how it goes.
What can you serve with this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole?
- If you prefer you can roast the cauliflower (25-30 minutes at 400) rather than steam it before adding the ranch cream sauce.
- You could used yogurt instead of mayonnaise and sour cream, or even vegan mayo.
- You can mix half of the bacon in with the cauliflower and top with the other half.
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 6-8 slices bacon (cut 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 large head cauliflower (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Ranch seasoning (I used from a Ranch Dip Packet)
- 4 scallions (sliced thinly)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby Monterey Jack Cheese Blend
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
- Add the cauliflower to a large microwave safe bowl along with about 1/4 cup of water (enough to cover the bottom of the bowl). Cover with a plate and steam in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower is just tender and drain excess water.
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise ranch seasoning and pepper well and pour over cauliflower and mix really well.
- Place in the casserole dish and cover with foil, bake for 20-25 minutes, (until desired tenderness). Uncover and top with cheese and bacon continue baking until cheese is melted about 5-8 minutes and garnish with scallions.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 45mgSodium 743mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 12g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
© 2022 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.