These Crispy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic Butter are the absolute best Brussels sprout recipe! This is now one of my go-to recipes, easy to make and very delicious.
Find out the secret to getting your family to love and eat their Brussels sprouts with this Crispy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic Butter recipe!
Have a love-hate relationship with Brussels sprouts? I know I have, don’t know how many Brussels sprout recipes I’ve tried and hated. I can’t even count. I’ve wanted to love them, because they’re so good for you, and they are cute, like little baby cabbages.
Now I can finally say I love this recipe for Crispy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic Butter. Why? Because we blanched the funk right out of them. That’s the secret folks, and it makes cooking them a quick stove top job so they’re not taking up precious oven space when you’ve got your oven stuffed with your holiday dinner. It’s the absolute best Brussels sprout recipe! This is now one of my go-to recipes, easy to make and very delicious.
What can you serve with these Crispy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic Butter?
- A perfect side dish to go with Pork Chops in Creamy Wine Sauce, or how about Mississippi Pot Roast with Gravy!
- Looking for more dark leafy greens, then try our Jamaican Style Greens. The flavor is amazing!
- If you want less fat you could try making these Crispy Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Garlic Butter with a little pancetta instead of bacon.
- You can blanch ahead of time and keep the Brussels sprouts the fridge a couple days for a quick pan fry.
- Add some fresh parmesan to dress them up a bit.
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 3 strips bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts (about 15), ends trimmed and remove any bad leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt for blanching
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine, for deglazing (optional)
- Rinse Brussels sprouts, trim ends (not too close or they'll fall apart) and remove any withered leaves.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add 2 tablespoons Kosher salt and Brussels sprouts. Cook about 3-5 minutes depending on the size. Drain and shock by rinsing with ice cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When cooled cut in half lengthwise, larger ones can be quartered. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-low heat and add the chopped bacon. Let cook a minute to render some fat.
- In same pan with bacon, melt butter and add olive oil
- Add Brussels sprouts, turn the heat up slightly and fry until they start to brown around the edges and the bacon crisps, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- When Brussels sprouts are roasted and caramelized turn the heat down and add minced garlic stir about a minute until softened. Add splash of white wine to deglaze the skillet and scrape up any brown bits.
- Remove Brussels sprouts to a plate with paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 oz.
Amount Per Serving Calories 201 Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 24mg Sodium 3417mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Protein 6g
© 2019 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.