This Creamy Pasta Salad is fantastic! I made it for a family get-together and it was a big hit. Just enough creamy, just enough crunchy, just enough tangy, with a hint of sweetness. Everyone loved it!
When the Pasta Salad comes out, you know summer is finally in full swing, and we’re entertaining on weekends a lot while we’ve got decent weather. Pasta salad is one of those things you can get creative with and it goes well with anything off the grill.
It’s easier to make pasta salad the day before, because there’s so many things to do when you’re expecting guests. Besides the fact that it tastes even better when all the flavors get a chance to hang out and get into the pasta. Plus, hey what’s cheaper than making pasta salad? Not much. You can feed a crowd on a budget; it’s win win for everyone!
It’s also nice to have enough for leftovers, because it will be good in fridge for days. You can have it for lunch or a side dish for another dinner, that’s if your guests don’t beg to borrow your good Tupperware to take some home. (Yes, I still have Tupperware)
I suggest saving margarine bowls or keep extra cheapy little containers so that doesn’t happen. If it does and you find yourself in need of another pasta salad, we really enjoyed this Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad a few weeks ago, it’s a good alternative if you want a pasta salad without mayo.
If your planning a BBQ for the 4th of July celebration we have another recipe that you may want to take a look at. We just did a big blog post for our Smoky Ranchero Ribs with 3 different ways to smoke them, that infuses so much more flavor than just tossing them on the grill or in the oven.
And less we forget…You have to have a frosty cold drink for a hot summer day, and what could be more refreshing than a Watermelon Breeze Frose’. I can tell you it is crazy good and so pretty you’ll want to share it on Instagram!
For this recipe I like to get everything diced while the noodles are cooking and make the creamy dressing on the side so it all goes together quickly and can chill out it the fridge till your ready to party!
- Pasta shells will work well for this Creamy Pasta Salad as well, and will fill out a larger bowl without any extra ingredients!
- For this recipe I like to get everything diced while the noodles are cooking and make the creamy dressing on the side so it all goes together quickly and can chill out it the fridge till your ready to party!
If you LOVE this Creamy Pasta Salad recipe, try out this Pesto Caprese Pasta Salad, another great pasta salad, without any mayo!Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 8 oz box (2 cups) dry pasta (this one is ditalini, but macaroni would work as well)
- 3 hard boiled egg whites (diced) (yolks are optional, I left them out because someone doesn't like them)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced small)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or green onions for garnish
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo (I used avocado oil mayo)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, salting the water well. When just done drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. While it's still in the strainer, I set a few ice cubes on top to chill so the pasta doesn't get too mushy.
- Add the cooked and cooled pasta to a large bowl, toss with the creamy dressing. Mix in diced celery, onion, bell pepper and chopped hard boiled eggs and top with diced fresh chives and a couple twists of fresh cracked pepper.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 287Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 107mgSodium 312mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 6g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix, and should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.