Apple dumplings that are super simple to make and will put that mmm mmm good smile on your face.
It really is the simple things in life that makes you happy. I remember having these as a kid in the rare occasion we would have TV Dinners, the best part of that was the tiny corner that had the apple dumpling in it.
I don’t remember what else was in that dinner, but those little apple dumplings were so yummy. I would crave them even years later. It is comfort food at it’s finest.
This recipe doesn’t take any more than 10 minutes to throw together a plate of happiness. The the hard part is waiting and smelling the deliciousness coming from the oven.
Toasty, warm, a little gooey on the bottom, and crispy on the top. The apple inside is magically cooked to perfection, but the sauce is what makes it turn into something like butter syrup.
Mop that up with the crispy parts and a little ice cream, I’m telling you this is what put that mmm mmm good smile on your face.Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 1 large apple (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 can Crescent dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 stick butter (I used unsalted)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz. 7-Up or your favorite lemon lime soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Peel and core apples and cut into 8 wedges. Separate the crescent roll dough at perforations into triangles. Place 1 apple slice on the wide end and roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the wide end.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Stir till it just starts to bubble and remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour hot butter and cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over the apple dumplings. Pour soda around the sides of the dumplings (Do not pour on top of dumplings.)
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- We had Vanilla Bean Ice cream on the side, so good!
Nutrition InformationYield 8 dumplings Serving Size 1 dumpling - without ice cream
Amount Per Serving Calories 311Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 47mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 2g
© 2024 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.