Impress your guests with a beautiful puff pastry dressed pear nestled in with warm brie and cranberry sauce. These Pastry Wrapped Pears with Cranberries and Brie are a delicious easy dessert anyone can make and it only takes a few minutes!
We had family from New York for a week so we finished off our crazy whirlwind week with a nice evening at home before their long trip driving home from St. Louis. We started with an awesome Italian Porchetta, which is a pork roast wrapped in a pork belly, that we call pork lovers paradise. We had some Spinach and Artichoke Scalloped Potatoes for a side dish, and this lovely little Pastry Wrapped Pears with Cranberries and Brie for dessert.
So we were really busy cooking that day. I didn’t even think to take picture while we preparing this, but they turned out so good we had to say hold on just a sec, we have to take a couple pictures. They’re family so they completely understood.
I turned the oven off when they were prepared before dinner, and put them in the oven to stay warm in these little pear shape ceramic bowls we found at a flea market a couple weeks ago. Love a good flea market find, but I decided to do a little searching to see if they are something still available and they are, but they’re not as cheap as I found them for like $2.00.
They do still sell them at an online shop called Blueberrylaneshop.com or on ebay as well, if anyone is interested.
We love this puff pastry as well, they have it at Walmart, but if you can’t find it you can use frozen puff pastry too, just let it thaw ahead of time. The cooking time should be close to the same, just keep an eye on it for when it’s a pretty golden brown it should be done. You can use a toothpick to check for doneness, if it comes out clean it’s done.
What can you serve with this Pastry Wrapped Pears with Cranberries and Brie?
- For the entree, we served this Italian Porchetta…YUM!
- Then for the side, Spinach and Artichoke Scalloped Potatoes…also YUM!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 1 package puff pastry (I used Wewalka Puff Pastry dough)
- 2 pears, cored, and halved (I used red)
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce (I used Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce)
- 4 oz Brie (about 4 tablespoons)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Unroll the refrigerated dough with the parchment paper onto the baking tray, and cut into 4 squares.
- Rinse and dry pears then slice in half removing seeds with a spoon size scoop from the core. (You can peel the skin of each pear, if you prefer.)
- Place each puff pastry square over pear halves. Place pears cut side down on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Press down on puff pastry slightly, then make 4 cuts lengthwise into dough. Brush dough with egg wash.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool slightly and fill serving bowl with a couple tablespoons of cranberry sauce. Then fill the pear halves with a tablespoon of brie, that will fit into the hollowed out cavity of the pear where the core once was. Place baked pears on top of cranberries. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.