Such simple ingredients everyone has on hand, adds up to such great flavor. No one has to know how simple and quick this Lighter Chicken Lazone and Linguine is.
I wanted to try this recipe for Chicken Lazone from the moment I first saw it on Plain Chicken. Because I never heard of this dish, I decided it was time to do some reading.
After a little research I learned many things about this recipe. It comes from “Brennan’s“, a restaurant located in New Orleans. They are known for their lavish breakfast and for the creation of Bananas Foster.
The Chicken Lazone was created by Lazone Randolph, Executive Chef of Brennan’s for 40 years. He has worked under two great chefs, Paul Blange, who created Bananas Foster among many other dishes and Mike Roussel.
Always wanting to try new things in the kitchen, and make meals that are a bit better for my family, I thought I’d try to cut out some of the fat and calories; by using Fat Free Half n Half instead of heavy cream, it worked just fine.
The sauce may not thicken as much as using heavy cream, but you still get all of the flavor. Some of us have to watch our cholesterol. I still used real butter, so you still get a hearty dish with the butter cream sauce flavors.
It’s just little changes that help in the long run. You could go even healthier and use olive oil instead of butter, I just might try that next time.
Such simple ingredients everyone has on hand adds up to such great flavor. No one has to know how simple and quick it is.
Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Feel free to join the Sparkles of Yum Recipe Swap Facebook group! A fun place to find and share all of your favorite recipes.
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (or black pepper)
- 2 Large Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (or 4 small)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups Fat Free Half n Half
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions. Remember to give a good stir every few minutes so it doesn't stick. While pasta cooks,.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Coat the chicken breast with the seasoning mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saute pan, then cook the chicken breasts over medium heat about 7 to 8 minutes, turning them once - cook until well browned on both sides (could be longer if they're thick - I use a thermometer it's done 165 degrees)
- Pour the half n half into the pan and lower the heat. Simmer for several minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens, then fold in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When the butter is melted, transfer the chicken breast to plates over pasta and top with the sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 servings Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 564Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 175mgSodium 1447mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 45g
© 2023 Sparkles of Yum. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.