This Cajun Marinated BBQ Chicken recipe is an all-time favorite. all-time favorite and the very definition of “winner winner chicken dinner”!
The seasonings that go into this marinade just speak to my heart. You do need to plan ahead for this recipe though. It is not one of those 20 minute marinade recipes. You really need to let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours. If you do, you WILL taste the difference. The flavors really get into the chicken and make it so juicy and tender. You are going to crave it again and again. I know we love it at our house, and everyone raves over how good it is.
Chicken is so budget friendly. We have it at least once a week in some form or another around here. Another favorite chicken recipe at our house is this Sweet Hawaiian Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken. If you’re wanting something a little fancy, this Coq Au Vin – Chicken in Red Wine with Mushrooms Onions and Bacon, is an awesome french recipe from Julia Child.
As you can probably tell I’m a huge fan of flavor. Nothing bland is getting cooked at our house, and once you’ve been cooking a while, you can spot a recipe that just doesn’t sound like it’s going to be good enough to please your family.
For a side dish I just boiled some egg noodles, tossed in a couple handfuls fresh spinach, and added a little can of mushrooms with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Stir in a half of can of milk and voila! Something quick and easy. Or toss a little side salad, that would definitely be good too.
This Cajun Marinated BBQ Chicken is the very definition of “winner winner chicken dinner”, by the way you’ll love how easy this is..
Don’t forget to follow along, so you don’t miss out! Did you know you can get a notification on your phone now as soon something is published? People are loving this so much, more than the emails clogging up your inbox. If you happened to not accept the notification box earlier…now is a good time to click the small bell in the corner and get signed up!
FOLLOW Sparkles of Yum ON FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 lbs chicken (we did 3 legs and thighs)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I used Zatarains Cajun Creole)
- Put all marinade in a large zip top bag with chicken, and place in a bowl in your fridge for 4-8 hours.
- Get the grill ready to medium-high heat.
- You can use the rest of the marinade to brush on chicken as you turn it and add BBQ sauce the last few minutes. Cook until an internal temp of 165 degrees or the juices run clear. Let rest 5 -10 minutes
- Or if it's too cold for grilling or you don't have an outdoor grill...
- Using a Pyrex or roasting pan, place the chicken in a 400 degree F oven brush or spoon with marinade or BBQ the last 10 minutes, cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 Leg and 1 Thigh
Amount Per Serving Calories 1021 Total Fat 77g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 58g Cholesterol 284mg Sodium 1938mg Carbohydrates 6g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 73g
Sparkles of Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.